Monday, November 29, 2010

Best of the Best

"that was just a dream, good morning:
regurgitate the stars and the soot"
- Ana Bozicevic
A Kind of Headless Guilt Emerges

"He fell in love like a woman
in the folded arms
of a drying sweater"
- Mary Ruefle
Matthew Brady Arranging the Bodies

"I
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness"
- Allen Ginsberg
Howl

"The salt sparkles like an arctic church.
I have to blink against it all."
- Kiki Petrosino
Mustang Bagel

"A tin flask empties
itself from asking, the shadow's last chance
now wasted in some chandelier's dim lust."
- Greg Sellers
Shy Boy

1 comment:

  1. Interesting : )

    I remember being a teenager and learning about Ginsburg via a They Might Be Giants song... I knew the lyrics were an allusion to some famous poem. I asked my English teacher, but she wasn't particularly helpful (she also was not my favorite English teacher). Fortunately, even in those prehistoric times there was the internet - so, yes, I had to go to the library and look it up. Oh, the paths through history that came with youth.

    ReplyDelete