Tuesday, July 19, 2011

isn't it enough that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

For the first few years of high school, my Dad and I rode together in the morning (he would drop me off on his way to work) in an old forest green jeep that still only played cassette tapes. Luckily for us, there are cassette tape iPod connections for such travellers as we that allowed us to listen to something other than bad morning radio talk shows. Dad often chose the music, which meant an odd selection of obscure and typically bizarre songs. Enter "Skullcrusher Mountain." Written and performed by self-proclaimed "geek" Jonathan Coulter (or JoCo as he is more affectionately called by his fans), the song details the wooing of a woman by a villainous genius, in which he traps her in his lair on Skullcrusher Mountain and creates a half-monkey, half-pony monster. Needless to say, she isn't impressed

Now years after this initial exposure, my Dad (a graphic design artist) has brought back the fond memory with his digital rendering of the monster. Though it's a tad strange (and kinda ugly) I love it.

You can visit my Dad's (John Yardley) DeviantArt page here


No comments:

Post a Comment